BRITISH EMBASSY LIBYA
LOCALLY EMPLOYED ACCOUNTS ASSISTANT
The British Embassy in Libya is seeking to recruit an Accounts Assistant to work and provide assistance to the Embassy Accountant.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Undertake accounts duties regularly without supervision (at least one day per month) including end of month checks and formal handovers to the Accountant
- Maintain accurate account spreadsheets detailing day to day transactions in preparation for month end closure
- Provide accounting support to the Accountant
- To deal with all account enquiries ensuring Foreign and Commonwealth Office financial procedures are followed.
- Monthly preparation and payment of the LE Staff payroll
- Handling and preparing cheques for signature.
- Provide leave cover for the Accountant.
This is an extremely important role at the Embassy part responsible for maintaining an efficient and accurate finance function within the Embassy.
Ideal Candidate will have:
- Fluency in English and Arabic
- Excellent written English and verbal communication skills.
- A clear understanding of accountancy and bookkeeping
- Would hold or be working towards an accountancy certificate, qualification
- Excellent interpersonal skills-to deal with internal customers and external contacts
- Good organisational skills and ability to work on own and implement processes that improve effectiveness of the Accounts office
- Proactive team-working.
Applicants should be a Libyan Citizen, or be able to demonstrate that they have Immigration status which allows them to work in Libya. Applications for this vacancy should be sent to the HR Manager at the British Embassy, Libya no later than 2 March 2014. Applicants must send an up-to-date Curriculum Vitae and a covering letter providing evidence of the required skills and experience. The starting salary for this position 1749.00Lyd. Please note only candidates selected for interview will be contacted. The appointment of the successful candidate will be subject to security clearance.
Please include your email address.
Electronic applications should be sent to, [email protected]
APPLICATIONS sent to other email addresses will be discarded.
The British Embassy, Tripoli Libya is an equal opportunity employer http://ukinlibya.fco.gov.uk