DEFENCE SECTION OFFICE MANAGER/INTERPRETER
BRITISH EMBASSY, LIBYA
The Defence Section at the British Embassy in Libya is seeking to recruit an Office Manager/Interpreter as soon as possible. The main purpose of the job is to provide professional and administrative support to the Defence Attaché (DA) and the Assistant Defence Attaché (ADA).
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Accompany members of the DA to meetings and act as interpreter;
- Provide advice to the DA on maintaining his network of Defence contacts;
- Liaise closely with the DA to manage his schedule of meetings;
- To translate letters and other documents from Arabic to English and vice versa;
- Identify, develop and maintain links with Libyan ministry officials and senior officials, both Libyan and international;
- Assist the Defence section financial management and produce financial vouchers;
- Line manage the Defence section Driver;
- Plan inward UK visits including transport, accommodation and interpreters;
- Arrange travel and visa matters for Libyan officials;
- General office duties;
- Ad hoc duties when required.
The Office Manager/Interpreter will spend a proportion of their time at the British Embassy, however, they must have their own vehicle and be prepared to travel and work around Tripoli as required by the DA. Willingness to travel within Libya and the UK is essential.
Salary 2993.00 LYD per month.
Ideal Candidate will need to have:
- Fluency in English and Arabic;
- The ability to build a good network of contacts;
- A good understanding and interest in Libyan Politics and defence matters;
- An excellent knowledge of Tripoli and the surrounding areas;
- Excellent written English and verbal communication;
- Excellent time management;
- Good research and briefing skills;
- Understanding of Financial Management;
- Organisational skills;
- Excellent team-working and inter-personal skills;
- Excellent IT skills;
- Able to identify, categorise and prioritise work with minimum supervision;
- Flexibility to travel at short notice within Libya and the UK;
- Able to work flexible hours;
- A full and clean driving license;
- Their own transport.
Applicants should be Libyan Citizens or be able to demonstrate that they have immigration status which allows them to work in Libya. Applications for this vacancy should be sent to the HR Manager at the British Embassy, Libya no later than Tuesday 11 February 2014. Applicants must send an up-to-date Curriculum Vitae and a covering letter providing evidence of the required skills and experience. Please note only candidates selected for interview will be contacted. Appointment of successful candidate will be subject to security clearance. Please include your email address.
Electronic applications should be sent to [email protected]
Applications sent to other email addresses will be discarded.
The British Embassy, Tripoli, Libya is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a diverse workforce