The Korean Embassy in Libya is looking to fill a role of Generalist for Policy Analysis and Energy Sector specialist
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Daily newspaper clipping of Libyan articles and economics within the Embassy’s political & economic section.
- Establish and maintain a network of contacts within the Libyan Ministries and private organizations relevant to the energy sector.
- Act as the Embassy point of contact for all business enquiries related to the energy sector and respond to these in a timely manner.
- Produce reports and collate information about the energy sector for business and Embassy use and to undertake responsibilities for work in other sectors as directed.
- Using long term relationships to secure contacts and set up meetings for Embassy officials and Korea businesses.
- Attend sector specific press conferences and public events on behalf of the Embassy and maintain good relationships within the Libyan Government Ministries and public/private sector organizations.
- Work with colleagues in the energy section to support work in business areas.
Ideal Candidate will have:
- Able to analyze the Libya’s politics and economies.
- Excellent and current understanding of the Libyan energy Sector.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in both Arabic and English.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Excellent team working and inter-personal skills.
- Able to identify, categorize and priorities work with minimum supervision.
- Good research and briefing skills.
- Good IT skills.
This full-time position is offered for a 1-year contract after successfully completing three-month probation period with a possibility of extension for successive years. The Pay level is negotiable.
* Please send your duly signed application in English including a detailed CV, photo and cover letter in pdf file format via e-mail to the following e-mail address: [email protected] The deadline for receiving submissions is the 2nd of February 2014. Applications received after the given deadline will be disregarded.
*The title of the e-mail should be including the applicant’s name and position of the job.(ex, Apply for the Generalist_Mohamed Ali)
* Supporting documents (e.g. certified copies of degrees/diplomas, references, proof of experience, etc.) should be submitted with the application. The interviews will be held either in Tripoli (for residents of Tripoli) or via telephone for applicants from outside Libya.