Libya Herald – Privacy & Data Protection
The Libya Herald respects the privacy of its customers and readers and pledges to protect personal information and to not divulge customer information to external third parties. If you wish to amend any of the Data which we hold about you, or update us in any way, please email [email protected] This policy was updated as of April 2014.
We may use your Data for purposes which may include:
- Processing orders, registrations and enquiries;
- Allowing users to participate in interactive features of our service, where they choose to do so;
- Providing reports to our Clients containing information about usage under corporate licenses;
- Running competitions, prize draws and promotions;
- Providing you with information about products and services we offer (if you agree to receive such information);
- Contacting you about specific recruitment opportunities if you register search criteria information on our recruitment site;
- Monitoring compliance with our Terms and Conditions and Copyright Policy;
- We may also disclose your information to business partners and to third party suppliers we engage to provide services which involve processing data on our behalf, successors in title to our business or in accordance with a properly executed court order or as otherwise required to do so by law.
We also use information in aggregate form (so that no individual user is identified by name):
- We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual;
- For the same reason, we may obtain information about your general internet usage to help us to improve our site and to deliver a better service;
- To build up marketing profiles;
- To aid strategic development;
- To manage our relationship with advertisers;
- To audit usage of the site.