Bani Walid: complacency from the authorities, resignation from the population
By Mathieu Galtier.
A resident stands in the ruins of his Bani Walid home. (Photo: Mathieu Galtier)
Bani Walid, 7 November:
The government says that Bani Walid will be back to a normal in a week or . . .
More from Libya Herald..
- HIB finalizes Zliten LD 665-million utilities contract with Punj Lloyd By Naom Alkhosi.
Tripoli, 10 April 2014:
The Housing and Infrastructure Board (HIB), part of the Ministry of Housing and Utilities, and Indian construction and engineering company Punj Lloyd …
- Benghazi arms market raided and shut down By Maha Ellawati
Benghazi 18 May 2013:
Locals are hoping that Benghazi’s notorious Arms Bazaar in Sidi Hussein has finally been closed, after . . .
- Jalu trench motivated by security fears By Jamal Adel.
Tripoli, 5 January 2014:
A member of Jalu Local Council has said that the huge trench to be built around . . .
- Al-Thinni officially appointed PM, new government within a week By Ashraf Abdul-Wahab and Hadi Fornaji.
Tripoli, 8 April 2014:
Abdullah Al-Thinni was today officially appointed as Prime Minister by the General National . . .
- Benghazi Free Zone project moves forward By Naom Alkhosi.
Benghazi’s Meresa Free Zone is one of eleven projects currently making slow progress and most of which are scheduled for completion by 2017 (Photo: Benghazi Economic Capital pro…
- Rebyana, the forgotten town By Mathieu Galtier.
Tripoli, 13 April, 2014:
The school director rings the bell but only one teacher is there. Dr Lee examines a child even though he has only Paracetamol to give.