No Result
View All Result
Sunday, August 31, 2025
23 °c
Tripoli
24 ° Sat
24 ° Sun
  • Advertising
  • Contact
LibyaHerald
  • Home
  • Libya
  • Business
  • Opinion
  • Magazine
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Register
SUBSCRIBE
  • Home
  • Libya
  • Business
  • Opinion
  • Magazine
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Register
No Result
View All Result
LibyaHerald
No Result
View All Result
Home Libya

Serraj spokesperson promises 2018 budget details will be revealed next week

bySami Zaptia
April 9, 2018
Reading Time: 2 mins read
A A

By Sami Zaptia.

Mohamed Sallak, the spokesperson for the head of the PC, Faiez Serraj, was vague on whether there is cooperation with Hafter's LNA Air Force in the south of Libya (Photo: Presidency Council).
Mohamed El-Sallak, the spokesperson for the head of the PC, Faiez Serraj, promised that details of the 2018 budget would be revealed next week(Photo: Presidency Council).

London, 9 April 2018:

The official spokesperson for Presidency Council head Faiez Serraj, Mohamed El-Sallak said that the 2018 Financial Arrangements (the budget) would be revealed next week.

Speaking at the weekly Monday press conference held at the Media Centre of the Prime Minister’s Office today, El-Sallak said that ‘‘the procedures for the 2018 Financial Arrangements were continuing in accordance with the Libyan Political Agreement’’. He said that he expected these to be completed during the week.

These procedures, he added, were continuing in coordination between the Presidential Council and the Finance Committee of the House of Representatives, the Ministry of Finance of the Government of National Accord, the Central Bank of Libya and the Audit Bureau.

RELATED POSTS

Aldabaiba proposes new Road Map for holding elections, loans and land for youth and money for healthcare for war wounded

Cooperation agreements reached between Libyan and the Greek pharmaceutical and medical companies: Tripoli Chamber of Commerce

El-Sallak had also reported that the budget was still under discussion during his 19 March press conference.

It will be recalled that earlier this week Deputy head of the Presidency Council Ahmed Maetig had stressed the need to reduce the state-sector salary section of the budget during his discussions with Finance Ministry officials. The discussions were part of his general follow up on the delayed 2018 budget.

The discussions had emphasised the continued work to link all sectors with the Ministry of Finance National ID Number-based payroll system.

The link to the payroll system is to include all those not funded from the public budget such as public and private companies, banks, and others. The need to use the National ID Number-based payroll system was due to excessive recruitment and hiring of staff in the state-sector which had reached 1,752.000 employees, accounting for 58% of the public budget.

In February, NOC chairman Mustafa Sanalla had complained about the delay in the issuing of the 2018 budget.

He had complained that his whole sector was suffering from the late payment of salaries for months and in delays in the implementation of some important projects.

He had said that this delay would have consequences on the whole hydrocarbon sector leading to large decreases in oil production levels. There would also be negative effects on proposed hydrocarbon development projects, he had added.

Sanalla has had a run-in with the Faiez Serraj PC/GNA for a number of years now. In his view, he has failed to secure the appropriately-sized budgets for the NOC in order to increase Libya’s oil production to a level that would help the Faiez Serraj administration solve many of its problems.

In December 2017 Sanalla had warned against the politicization of Libya’s state budget.

 

https://www.libyaherald.com/2018/02/23/noc-chairman-sanalla-bemoans-delay-in-2018-budget-allocations/

 

https://www.libyaherald.com/2018/03/20/the-2018-budget-still-under-discussion-serrajs-official-spokesperson/

 

https://www.libyaherald.com/2018/04/04/2018-budget-discussion-looks-at-reducing-1752000-state-sector-employees/

hg

Tags: 2018 budgetfeaturedofficial spokesperson Mohamed El Sallak

Related Posts

Adopting Libya’s National Strategy for the Communications and Informatics Sector 2023-2027
Libya

Libya’s Emergency Telecoms Management Plan to enhance crisis preparedness, effective response and early warning system – is launched

August 29, 2025
Largest-ever Libyan government delegation to visit Washington first week of September
Libya

Largest-ever Libyan government delegation to visit Washington first week of September

August 29, 2025
GNU to take oath at Benghazi HoR session and budget to be approved at Tripoli session: GNU
Libya

Aldabaiba and Shakshak discuss use of international auditors to enhance transparency and accountability in public institutions

August 28, 2025
Visiting Jordanian specialists perform 18 infertility and delayed childbearing operations in Zintan Hospital
Libya

Ministry of Health to launch National System for Dispensing and Monitoring Insulin‎

August 28, 2025
Adopting Libya’s National Strategy for the Communications and Informatics Sector 2023-2027
Libya

General Authority for Telecommunications and Informatics launches 2025 Frequency Allocation Plan

August 27, 2025
Major effort by the Ministry of Economy to bring back Chinese companies
Libya

Libyans still need visas to travel to China

August 27, 2025
Next Post

Geographic area of anti-terror operations is free from terrorists: Serraj spokesperson

Thousands of human rights violations carried out by state-affiliated Libyan militias: UN report

Thousands of human rights violations carried out by state-affiliated Libyan militias: UN report

ADVERTISEMENT

Top Stories

  • Largest-ever Libyan government delegation to visit Washington first week of September

    Largest-ever Libyan government delegation to visit Washington first week of September

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Medsky to launch new direct flights between Libya and Athens soon

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • NOC discusses exploration and production with US oil giant Chevron in its 4 billion reserves, 18 bn barrels of shale oil and 123 trillion cubic ft of natural gas

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Qatari shipping line Milaha begins its Libya operations from Misrata Free Zone

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Ministry of Planning launches Libya 2050 Vision

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
ADVERTISEMENT
LibyaHerald

The Libya Herald first appeared on 17 February 2012 – the first anniversary of the Libyan Revolution. Since then, it has become a favourite go-to source on news about Libya, for many in Libya and around the world, regularly attracting millions of hits.

Recent News

Libya Africa Investment Portfolio considering funding its Libya projects through Islamic bonds

Libya’s Emergency Telecoms Management Plan to enhance crisis preparedness, effective response and early warning system – is launched

Sitemap

  • Why subscribe?
  • Terms & Conditions
  • FAQs
  • Copyright & Intellectual Property Rights
  • Subscribe now

Newsletters

    Be the first to know latest important news & events directly to your inbox.

    Sending ...

    By signing up, I agree to our TOS and Privacy Policy.

    © 2022 LibyaHerald - Powered by Sparx Solutions.

    Welcome Back!

    Login to your account below

    Forgotten Password? Sign Up

    Create New Account!

    Fill the forms below to register

    *By registering into our website, you agree to the Terms & Conditions and Privacy Policy.
    All fields are required. Log In

    Retrieve your password

    Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

    Log In
    No Result
    View All Result
    • Login
    • Sign Up
    • Libya
    • Business
    • Advertising
    • About us
    • BusinessEye Magazine
    • Letters
    • Features
    • Why subscribe?
    • FAQs
    • Contact

    © 2022 LibyaHerald - Powered by Sparx Solutions.

    This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used. Visit our Privacy and Cookie Policy.