Abdelhafid El Sakroufi, the head of the Supreme Council of Libyan Tunisian Businessmen (SCLTB), an organization that represents one group of Libyan and Tunisian business leaders, stated that the Council is working on a Tunisian-Libyan fund for the reconstruction of Libya, with Tunisian and Libyan funds, as well as international funds.
He indicated that boosting investment between Tunisia and Libya basically requires changing investment laws.
El-Sakroufi also said that Libya intends to recruit 3,000 Tunisian teachers and medical staff through international cooperation.
Speaking to Tunisian media Thursday, he was quoted by SCLTB as saying that the process for this recruitment has not yet been approved yet, and that it will be implemented through technical cooperation.
He said that the matter was not limited to teachers, but that the secondments included a number of medical workers, who are currently working under contracts in Libya or in the framework of medical convoys.
The Libya Herald first appeared on 17 February 2012 – the first anniversary of the Libyan Revolution. Since then, it has become a favourite go-to source on news about Libya, for many in Libya and around the world, regularly attracting millions of hits.