The Attorney General’s Office reported on Friday that it had ordered the pretrial detention of Libya’s head of its diplomatic mission in Uganda from 2013 to 2017 for misappropriating over one million dollars.
The Public Prosecution found that the accused:
- Deliberately disposed of US$ 250,000 in violation of the requirements of the legislation regulating the disbursement of public money.
- Deliberately causing damage to public funds.
- Contributing to the commission of an incident of achieving illegal material benefits for others, which amounted to US$ 760,000.
- Violation of disciplinary duties by exceeding the limits of his competencies.
- Preventing the financial controller from performing the work assigned to him.
The bread crisis
National ID Number