By Sami Zaptia.
London, 17 September 2021:
Libyan Prime Minister Abd Alhamid Aldabaiba and his high-level Ministerial delegation, which included the Governor of the Central Bank of Libya and the Head of the Libyan Audit Bureau, visited Cairo for two days on Wednesday.
During the visit, Aldabaiba met Egyptian President Abdel Fattah Al Sisi and Egyptian Prime Minister Mustafa Madbouly.
On the back of several high-level meetings, the two countries signed 14 Memoranda of Understanding and six agreements.
Ten of the memoranda of understanding/agreements announced by the Libyan government are:
- A memorandum of understanding between the Central Agency for Organization and Administration of the Republic of Egypt and the Libyan Ministry of Civil Service in the areas of administration, employment and civil service.
- A memorandum of understanding for the establishment of the joint commercial committee between Egypt and Libya.
- A memorandum of understanding between the Industrial Development Authority and the Ministry of Industry in the field of industrial cooperation.
- A memorandum of understanding between the Libyan Ministries of Agriculture and Livestock Resources and their Egyptian counterparts for cooperation in the agricultural field.
- A memorandum of Understanding on joint cooperation in the field of social affairs.
- A memorandum of Understanding in the field of civil aviation security.
- A memorandum of understanding in the field of combating marine pollution and its effects, and cooperation in the field of maritime search and rescue between the Ports and Maritime Transport Authority at the Ministry of Communications and the Arab Republic of Egypt.
- A memorandum of understanding between the Ministries of housing and utilities in the field of housing and construction.
- A memorandum of understanding for cooperation in the field of youth sports between the Ministries of Youth and Sports in both countries.
- A memorandum of understanding between the Libyan Ministry of Oil and Gas and the Egyptian Ministry of Petroleum and Mineral Resources to enhance cooperation in the field of oil and gas.